Peel Forest Lodge is a great place to escape to, and just relax doing absolutely nothing. But if you feel like exploring the local district there are a number of activities to keep you busy.
Below are links to activities (driving times to reach the activities are shown in brackets):
- Hunting – Red Stag, Himalayan Thar, Chamois and many more.
- Horse Trekking – (2 mins) Peel Forest Horse Trekking.
- Rafting – (15mins) Rangitata Rafts.
- Rafting & Adventure Tours – (15 mins) Hidden Valleys
- Kayaking – (5mins) Peel Forest Outdoor Pursuits.
- Tramping Bush Walks – (2 mins) Anything from 15mins, to all day.
- Wineries – (40mins) Opihi Vineyard.
- Historic Places – All around South Canterbury.
- Fishing – (5 mins) Rangitata River.
- Shopping – (20 mins) Geraldine, (45 mins)Timaru.
- Helicoptor/Plane Flights – (45 mins).
- Local Farm Tours – Can be arranged on request.
- Geraldine.nz – calendar of events in and around Geraldine
Cafe – Facebook – thegreenmanpeelforest.co.nz
Fishing – www.shesonthefly.co.nz
- Canyoning the Kaumira canyon with www.bigrockadventures.co.nz